Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch box

Status
Not open for further replies.
EENIE, MEENIE, MINIE MOE is picking at random or "trial and error". Instead of correctly calculating the value of a resistor the value is randomly guessed and is usually wrong.

EENIE, MEENIE, MINIE MOE is picking at random or "trial and error". Instead of correctly calculating the value of a resistor the value is randomly guessed and is usually wrong.
Did you ever do the dating-different-women thing AG, or did you know who you were going to marry? :D

The moment I met my wife, I knew we would get married. I liked her personality, looks and "performance" much more than the other girls I dated. We married (40.1 years ago!) 19 months after we met, then a honeymoon in Jamaica. Our daughter was born 22 months after we married then our son was born 26 months after our daughter's birth. We have two grandsons (2.4 years old and 0.9 years old) from our son and today our third dog is 7.5 years old.

I had a heart attack 9 years ago that they fixed with two stents in the heart arteries. I went blind then got the cataracts replaced with perfect new lenses inside my eyes about 5 years ago. I became deaf 3 years ago and got hearing better than normal with hearing aids. Today I feel the same or better than 40 years ago. Retirement is wonderful.

Eh,what's that - a fairy tail device of some sort?

It is a way of picking which of the nodes on this resistor must be used.

E922D267-71FB-4DCE-99C6-7D877847C7DA.png

Last edited:
Today I feel the same or better than 40 years ago. Retirement is wonderful.

I have been enjoying my time at home with my wife for 7 months and thought I would never go back - now I got a job offer from someone who desperately needs my help. Time to rethink if some extra cash for a bit of time is worth the fun of spending the extra cash.

The moment I met my wife, I knew we would get married. I liked her personality, looks and "performance" much more than the other girls I dated. We married (40.1 years ago!) 19 months after we met, then a honeymoon in Jamaica. Our daughter was born 22 months after we married then our son was born 26 months after our daughter's birth. We have two grandsons (2.4 years old and 0.9 years old) from our son and today our third dog is 7.5 years old.

I had a heart attack 9 years ago that they fixed with two stents in the heart arteries. I went blind then got the cataracts replaced with perfect new lenses inside my eyes about 5 years ago. I became deaf 3 years ago and got hearing better than normal with hearing aids. Today I feel the same or better than 40 years ago. Retirement is wonderful.
AG, I'm pleased that you have had a happy life and made the right choice for yourself.
You had a feeling you were compatible with your future wife when you met, but you didn't have her datasheet and all the laws of physical/mental/emotional attraction to hand prior to that, did you?
The part highlighted in bold above shows that this was your 'resistance box' and it wasn't until you discovered your future wife, that you found the correct value for you.

OP may not have all the laws, knowledge and datasheets to hand, to calculate exactly what he/she needs, so we help out and set up a couple of dates... ;)

AG, I'm pleased that you have had a happy life and made the right choice for yourself.
You had a feeling you were compatible with your future wife when you met, but you didn't have her datasheet and all the laws of physical/mental/emotional attraction to hand prior to that, did you?
The part highlighted in bold above shows that this was your 'resistance box' and it wasn't until you discovered your future wife, that you found the correct value for you.

OP may not have all the laws, knowledge and datasheets to hand, to calculate exactly what he/she needs, so we help out and set up a couple of dates... ;)

Sometimes, you don't need the datasheet. I never got a datasheet on the man sheets of plywood I bought but, somehow, I always managed to pick the right thickness for the job (or I found that the thicker option was still a good value for the use I had. I didn't need a dial-a-thickness sheet selector - I just knew what I needed.

Some of us including me, have a crystal ball to perceive the future. I have experienced "deja-vu" a few times in my life that amazed me how I knew that something would happen or how I knew all about something I knew nothing about.
Men and women are also attracted together with pheromones and love for each other. My wife and I did not have a marriage soon after we met and I was not selected by her parents like in some weird countries. We dood it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back