Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
Everyone when logging in wants to firstly review their posts and I noticed a button on a Linux forum I read which did exactly that .
With one click it listed all previous posts in their respective threads so you could see immediately if anyone had replied to your post

Good stuff - any chance of it here ?
Setting up the search is cumbersome

Everyone when logging in wants to firstly review their posts and I noticed a button on a Linux forum I read which did exactly that .
With one click it listed all previous posts in their respective threads so you could see immediately if anyone had replied to your post

Good stuff - any chance of it here ?
Setting up the search is cumbersome

If I'm understanding you correctly, going to the upper right-hand corner of your screen, clicking "My Account" --> "Subscribed Threads" should do what you describe. It will show you a list of all the threads you have participated in, and the titles become bold if they have new replies.

Regards,
Der Strom

Can you specify the forum? PM it to me if you wish.

CNCZone.com has a function similar to what I think the O/P is talking about. They have a button in the header of the page that takes you to all of your threads that you replied to.

Last edited:
Only problem I foresee is that some people don't subscribe to threads and if they didn't that page would be empty.

In that case, perhaps a simple message of "you have not started any threads yet" or "you have not subscribed to any threads yet" might be appropriate...?

Nicely done, EM. Just wondering, is there any chance you could switch the position of "Your Posts" with "New Posts"? I'm just used to clicking the left-most button to see what's new :p:D

Yeh Good stuff

Only problem I foresee is that some people don't subscribe to threads and if they didn't that page would be empty.

vbulletin gives this message "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Take a just joined user and "find his/her threads".

So, VB already handles it.

Actually, it can be placed in the Drop Down Box called "Subscriptions". Just add a element that says "Your Threads"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back