Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

View uploaded asc files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in mine :D

Ltspice etc. are computer games, not electronics.
Not sure I understand your comparison, maybe because I'm not native english speaker :confused:

I can't imagine it is impossible to convert .asc files into .svg files.
Yes and no.
I think you are referring to the idea of the conversion being done by ETO's server, or by a browser plug-in.

If you read a .asc file you can see at the start it's a set of coordinates, pretty much like svg. So it would not be hard to design a viewer to represent the wires in the drawing. The next part is more tricky, library components. Ok so say a library of graphics to match up with these was made available with pins which the wires could match up to. Not hard to do, but now depending on a library being stored somewhere compatible with the format.
Then it gets tough. There are hundreds or thousands of components which have been made by people to add to their simulations, which are not in the standard library. So suddenly you need to accommodate these also. You could upload the appropriate ones when you post a simulation, but it depends on remembering to do so, and remembering which components you added to LTSpice in the first place. Unlikely to happen, and other methods become resource-intensive one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back