Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion - Sell/Swap parts etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magen

Hi
I thought maybe the webmaster would consider including another category to the forum for members to advertise electronics goods to sell / swap or for things wanted. (for non commercial use ie. hobbyists etc) Electrotech can make it clear that they won't be held responsible for losses/fraud etc and that members buy/sell/swap at their own risk. I thought of this because, like alot of others out there, I have some books which I no longer use, but somebody else could find useful. It would help if I could sell/swap these for things I need. I am sure others are in the same predicament.

What are your thoughts?

A trade forum would be nice, did there used to be one here or am I thinking from AVR Freaks.net? I'd be more inclined to go with a trade or give away/wanted forum rather than outright buying or selling, that's what E-bay and Craigslist are for.

Hi
I thought maybe the webmaster would consider including another category to the forum for members to advertise electronics goods to sell / swap or for things wanted. (for non commercial use ie. hobbyists etc) Electrotech can make it clear that they won't be held responsible for losses/fraud etc and that members buy/sell/swap at their own risk. I thought of this because, like alot of others out there, I have some books which I no longer use, but somebody else could find useful. It would help if I could sell/swap these for things I need. I am sure others are in the same predicament.

What are your thoughts?

Yeah, i got some books too, but the biggest thing I have is a robot chassis and drivetrain that I've stopped working on.

I think this would be a great idea, especially for people who've collected a lot of parts and wish to get rid them.
Not only so, it would be great for hobbyists in getting deals for future projects.

I know plenty of forums that do this and it seems to work alright. One that comes to mind is an R/C forum where people buy / sell / trade parts which ends up really helping out beginners in the hobby.

I think the important feature to include would be some sort of buy / sell reputation system so people have an idea of what kind of person they are interacting with.

-Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back