Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buy Parts Thread Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi,

I cant seem to find the thread where everyone posted places on the internet to buy parts. There were a lot of sites quoted in that thead so it grew quite a bit. I cant seem to find it again however and i thought it was a sticky. Is it still here or did it get removed?

Hi,

Thanks but that is not it either. This one had many replies with people that gave their own links to sites that sell electronic parts.

Hi,

Thanks John.

I dont think information should be just discarded. An idea would be to create a sub topic for each main topic. The sub topic could be called simply "Stickies" or what i like, "Permathreads".

For example, under General we would find a SINGLE sub topic called "Permathreads", and under that we would find all the stickies.

Stickies are a valuable asset.

So i guess that thread is msising now? It was called "Where To Buy Electronic Components and Parts".

Was this the one....

It was just made an unsticky.... and must have been pages back!!

No! It's in the deleted box.... On;y Mod's can see it!!! I'll see if there's a way to get the info back!

Last edited:
Hi, <snip>
So i guess that thread is msising now? It was called "Where To Buy Electronic Components and Parts".
It seems an awful lot of bother to search however many pages that sticky was for some part that probably wasn't even indexed there. This forum does not allow a search of individual threads. or searches within searches.

What part are you looking for?

John

If the thread is to be resurrected, can I suggest that it is reduced to a list of links and that all the chaff removed?

JimB

Maybe those who want it resurrected could provide that service. I would hate to see out moderators tasked with it.

John

Hi,

Well it seems like a good idea to show people where to buy parts, and if memebers found new places they could post them there too. Seems like a good idea. Yes, the links themselves might be good unless the member has a very good or very bad experience with that particular web site.
Seem good?

It seems an awful lot of bother to search however many pages that sticky was for some part that probably wasn't even indexed there. This forum does not allow a search of individual threads. or searches within searches.

What part are you looking for?

John

Part? Not looking for a part. I was looking for the thread because i was about to post a supplier plus some positive review for that supplier due to a recent problem with them that was resolved quickly and they gave a partial refund which i thought was very good on their part. I thought other members might like to know about this too. That, and the prices seem to be very low compared to other places i've shopped.

I dont think any ONE place is the right place to shop, but if there is something very good or very bad about a site that sells parts and/or test equipment and related i think others would like to know that too. Dont you agree?

Hi,

Well it seems like a good idea to show people where to buy parts, and if memebers found new places they could post them there too. Seems like a good idea. Yes, the links themselves might be good unless the member has a very good or very bad experience with that particular web site.
Seem good?

Part? Not looking for a part. I was looking for the thread because i was about to post a supplier plus some positive review for that supplier due to a recent problem with them that was resolved quickly and they gave a partial refund which i thought was very good on their part. I thought other members might like to know about this too. That, and the prices seem to be very low compared to other places i've shopped.

I dont think any ONE place is the right place to shop, but if there is something very good or very bad about a site that sells parts and/or test equipment and related i think others would like to know that too. Dont you agree?

Nice of you to take the initiative to post a positive review. Most people sit quiet and say nothing when they are satisfied but raise a stink when they're pissed.

Why not post it here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/forums/product-service-reviews/
That is a whole forum.

John

Hey that's nice now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back