Suggestion - Sell/Swap parts etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magen

Hi
I thought maybe the webmaster would consider including another category to the forum for members to advertise electronics goods to sell / swap or for things wanted. (for non commercial use ie. hobbyists etc) Electrotech can make it clear that they won't be held responsible for losses/fraud etc and that members buy/sell/swap at their own risk. I thought of this because, like alot of others out there, I have some books which I no longer use, but somebody else could find useful. It would help if I could sell/swap these for things I need. I am sure others are in the same predicament.

What are your thoughts?

A trade forum would be nice, did there used to be one here or am I thinking from AVR Freaks.net? I'd be more inclined to go with a trade or give away/wanted forum rather than outright buying or selling, that's what E-bay and Craigslist are for.

Yeah, i got some books too, but the biggest thing I have is a robot chassis and drivetrain that I've stopped working on.

I think this would be a great idea, especially for people who've collected a lot of parts and wish to get rid them.
Not only so, it would be great for hobbyists in getting deals for future projects.

I know plenty of forums that do this and it seems to work alright. One that comes to mind is an R/C forum where people buy / sell / trade parts which ends up really helping out beginners in the hobby.

I think the important feature to include would be some sort of buy / sell reputation system so people have an idea of what kind of person they are interacting with.

-Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…