Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stun guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An transformer from an tube radio is a good stun gun.Man that thing shokd me for good!(I so hate being shocked.)

Painandsuffering said:
Quick question on the stun gun I'm thinking about making. How hard will it be to make with a basic understanding of electronics?

A little knowledge ? ... what do you need a high voltage device for!...i personally can think of many reasons but i leave it at thought's only,... these so called stun guns can be bought commercially or the cct constructed easily, the hardest part is probably the housing and probes, the electronic part's are few and following a simple cct anyone with a basic idea of tx's diodes & caps can stun any living thing?,...if you are building a stun device and it is completed the next question you should ask is... "how do i know it work's!".

Some might try it out on pet's first and if it has the desired effect keep the prod handy for a more dangerous adversary,..."human beings" , the use of these devices are debatable and can kill especially if cct's widely available are modified by the experienced, the voltage generated by step up devices like these are in Kv's, the current is the decisive factor,... there are household good's right next to you that use so called stun gun principles.

NB: On completion of such a cct,... to test for functionality plunge both electrode's into one's thigh a dead leg could mean a successfull project!, or if you cannot recall anything you are probably dead.

The only application for such a nasty divice like that, Is too hurt others,..but only if its nessasary..but please don't test it on an inocent animal!!....I have been shoked by a neon sign transformer at 15KV it bloody well hurts. :evil:

Edit: If you want too build one, TEST IT ON YOURSELF!!..'Nuff Said! :evil:

Attachments

• Lightning.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 731
you could try and see if a spark develops between a small gap with the probes to test if it works. In the wrong hands, it is a bad thing. In a responsible self-concise person, thats another story...

try using a camera flash unit, big ones get up pretty high....

Charging circuitry is built in...

If you have the capacitor removable, you could fire the capacitor across the room and hit someone with it....

sorry, i'm getting carried away :) cya jb

You are getting carried away!..But a flash circuit would work good, a friend of mine made a nasty torture device from one. :? :shock:

All the stunguns I,ve seen on these pages are very dangerous for the operator. Either you get one in and it tickles your adversary enough for him to realise what it is and put your lights out, or he puts your lights out while you're waiting for it to charge. If you really want to build a weapon, consider some keywords. "Ni-MH batteries" "flyback converter" "boost converter" "SMPS" "ferrite transformer" "welding arc initiation""photoflash capacitors" "flashtube trigger circuits" "series trigger for flashtubes"
With that lot you should be able to build something that starts with 50Kv to get an arc going and follows up with a big cap bank at a kilovolt or so to make smoke. And, furthermore, charges in well under a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back