Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Handheld fish stunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasPlam

Hi Guys,

I am planning to built a "pulsated dc output" fish stunner. :rolleyes: Source as a 12v 7.2Ah sealed lead acid battery. I have no idea about how much voltage and current is required to stun a medium size fish, let say a cat fish or a smaller one? :nailbiting: And i am very much worried about the safety.:( Fishing will be mostly in small ponds which have a 3 feet depth.Please put some light on it. Advance thanks for helping.

Warm Regards,
Thomas.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to built a "pulsated dc output" fish stunner. :rolleyes: Source as a 12v 7.2Ah sealed lead acid battery. I have no idea about how much voltage and current is required to stun a medium size fish, let say a cat fish or a smaller one? :nailbiting: And i am very much worried about the safety.:( Fishing will be mostly in small ponds which have a 3 feet depth.Please put some light on it. Advance thanks for helping.

Warm Regards,
Thomas.

hi T,
There are lots of fish stunner circuits on the web.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...9K4eS0QX6sYGwCg&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1352&bih=884

I Googled. fish stunner circuit
E.

Hi Guys,

Historically telephone hand generators were used for doing this, back when you had to crank a handle to make a call :D

However, it was seriously illegal back then, and presumably still is?.

Apart from the legality issue it's not sportsmanlike :stop:.

Hi Eric,

I got lot of circuits from google. The thing i am worried about is the safety. One i got have a 300vdc 10milliamp output , will it be dangerous to human.For the first time playing with high voltage:wideyed:.

warm regards,
Thomas.

Hi Nigel & Alec,

I am doing this for my uncle, who have a fish farm. He said his friends are using the same thing for fishing in their farms, so i don't know whether there is any legal issues.:confused:. I am interested only in making the stuff not in fishing:happy:.

Warm Regards,
Thomas.

Hi,

Interesting idea. Some large fish can be dangerous to handle once in the boat.
I also wonder if this would work on alligators, crock's , etc., when they try to attack.
Just have to be careful with all the water around...if you shock yourself too the animals have a nice meal :)

Hi,

Interesting idea. Some large fish can be dangerous to handle once in the boat.
I also wonder if this would work on alligators, crock's , etc., when they try to attack.
Just have to be careful with all the water around...if you shock yourself too the animals have a nice meal :)

Now that I think about it, if your wearing a wet suit you might have the insulation to protect yourself.

Hi Nigel & Alec,

I am doing this for my uncle, who have a fish farm. He said his friends are using the same thing for fishing in their farms, so i don't know whether there is any legal issues.:confused:. I am interested only in making the stuff not in fishing:happy:.

Warm Regards,
Thomas.

Seems like it would be easiest to find out what your uncle's friends are using, or at least the basic concepts, i.e., voltage/current levels, energy source(s), etc..

Used to use a 3Kv unit for salt and brackish water electro-fishing while I was with the SC DNR. It had a stun area with about a 15' diameter. It did not affect (or at least effectively disable) fish much bigger than 10" to 12" in length. Not sure what might be needed for fresh water since conductivity severely restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back