Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Student Seeks Assistance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tansis

This arrived via PM earlier

To: tansis
Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:35 pm
Subject: Vice Direct II's interface
Dear Tansis,
My name is Wee Yang which is a final year student from Multimedia University, Malaysia. I'm doing my Final Year Project and the title is "Voice Control for GARCIA robot". GARCIA robot (www.acroname.com/garcia/garcia.html) is general purpose 's robot which contains 6 IR ranger finders. I'm planning to use Voice Direct II for controling the robot.
Since, i know that you are expertise in robot and have knowing well in voice direct II. So, i have a question to ask you regarding the Vice Direct II. I have no idea about the Voice Direct II's interface and don't know whether it's interface compatible with the GARCIA robot interface or not. There are I2C, serial port and servo output interface in GARCIA robot.
Hope you can help me to solve my problem. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Wee Yang

Hmm, well Wee Yang the "voice direct module" is not directly compatible with I2C or any other serial format. An interface could be implemented by hardware using a PIC converting parrallel info to the data that can be read either by the I2C bus or the infra-red board input that it used by the "GP2 Brain Stem Module".
If you are are using a remote computer to control the robot via the RF link then the voice module might be connected to the parrallel port then the problem is merely writing the software .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back