Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strain guage

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Haroon Azhar

aoa i have a question..help me out please.can we use a strain gauge of 120 ohm in an amplifier of 350 ohm in wheatstone bridge configuration

If you mean that you want to use one 120 Ohm strain gauge in a bridge with three 350 Ohm resistors, the answer is no.

However, if you have a situation with two 120 Ohm gauges, you could connect them with two 350 Ohm resistors to make a bridge.

JimB

The change in resistance value is so minute, that one really requires that the strain gage and the the resistors to be tightly matched....and this means across the temperature range.

I have been thinking about getting one of these: Strain Gage Bridge Completion Module from Omega. I have some strain gauge applications I want to try and I figure for $85 USD it saves be building my own bridge and balancing my resistors.

Ron

What do you mean by "amp of 350 Ohm"? You build a bridge using either 120 ohm or 350 ohm strain gauge(s) and resistors. You amplify the bridge output and provide bridge excitation. What exactly is this amp of 350 ohm you mention? Did you read about the device I linked to?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back