Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

storing energy to a capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, using a unijunction type latch circuit fed from the 1381 to stay latched ON until the supply is discharged (as much as possible).

Again, it seems a silly requirement - you will get most of the energy stored out, but in small pulses more frequently.

What does the unijunction look like?

Thanks for help!

Hi,

Oh 20ms that's much better.
Yes the CMOS timer will use much less power to run.

If you want to drive one or more LEDs you'll have to see if you end up with enough voltage across the cap. If not you'll have to look into ways to step up the capacitor voltage enough to drive the LEDs.

BTW how did you get that waveform, with a scope? And what kind of load did you use with the scope other than the scope itself?

Hi,

Oh 20ms that's much better.
Yes the CMOS timer will use much less power to run.

If you want to drive one or more LEDs you'll have to see if you end up with enough voltage across the cap. If not you'll have to look into ways to step up the capacitor voltage enough to drive the LEDs.

BTW how did you get that waveform, with a scope? And what kind of load did you use with the scope other than the scope itself?

I got the waveform with a 1 ohm resistor and with an oscilloscope. Do you have schematic for the CMOS timer?

I tried the transformer but the results are very bad since the output of the transformer was distorted. It seems that I have chosen the bad transformer characterestics. How should I choose the transformer?

Hi again,

Oh i see ok, so you used a 1 ohm resistor as the load for those waveforms. So we can read that graph as current too without any scaling.

The CMOS timer is a 555 but a CMOS version not the bipolar version.

Transformers are simple devices but there are some side effects during the first cycle or first few cycles and afterward that might be hard to deal with. What kind of transformer did you try?

Hi again,

Oh i see ok, so you used a 1 ohm resistor as the load for those waveforms. So we can read that graph as current too without any scaling.

The CMOS timer is a 555 but a CMOS version not the bipolar version.

Transformers are simple devices but there are some side effects during the first cycle or first few cycles and afterward that might be hard to deal with. What kind of transformer did you try?

The transformer I used has a 30mH winding on one side and a 845 mH on the other side. I don't know the number of turns on each side.The step-up ratio is 5.

Regards

I made a FFT for my waveform signal and it appears as if it contains the most power in its 60HZ content. So I may say that a ferrite transformer is no good for my application since this is a low frequency signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back