Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Enable line

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhinesh.ganesan

Hi there

I am using DRV8834 IC driver to run the 5v stepper motor. I've managed to run the 5v stepper motor using DRV8834 IC. But I've found we need 3 pins (Step, Direction and enable) to enable the device.

The requirement is to reduce the pins to 2 (only for step and direction). If I don't use the enable pin then the driver and motor consume tiny power. Is there any idea you can help me with to use any MOSFET/any other idea/pulse stretcher to control the power consumption without using the enable pin? Please let me know if you guys got an idea. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back