Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

step-up circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, fair dealing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

Where is this board hosted?

It is possible that it is perfectly legal to post the circuit here as it's only a small part of the magazine and it isn't for commercial use (unless the adverts here counts as commetcial use) but I can understand Nigel deleting it just to be on the safe side.

Hero999 said:
Sorry, fair dealing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

Where is this board hosted?

It is possible that it is perfectly legal to post the circuit here as it's only a small part of the magazine and it isn't for commercial use (unless the adverts here counts as commetcial use) but I can understand Nigel deleting it just to be on the safe side.

The circuit is from a CURRENT magazine, you can buy it either in the shops or on-line, it's even too new to buy as a back-issue - by posting it here you are depriving the magazine of revenue, which is a seriously BAD thing, and could easily lead to legal action.

The 'fair dealing' rubbish surely doesn't allow someone to publish copyrighted material belonging to someone else - and posting it here counts as 'publishing'.

I don't see this as any different to posting a copy of Windows Vista here for people to download, and I'm sure Microsoft would take a serious view of such an action!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
The circuit is from a CURRENT magazine, you can buy it either in the shops or on-line, it's even too new to buy as a back-issue - by posting it here you are depriving the magazine of revenue, which is a seriously BAD thing, and could easily lead to legal action.
I agree, there again other's might argue that it might actually boost sales by effectively advertising the magazine people might think "That's a good circuit I think I'll buy the magazine if it has interesting circuits like this in!"

The 'fair dealing' rubbish surely doesn't allow someone to publish copyrighted material belonging to someone else - and posting it here counts as 'publishing'.
Yes, but I wouldn't call a law designed to protect free speech rubbish!

I don't see this as any different to posting a copy of Windows Vista here for people to download, and I'm sure Microsoft would take a serious view of such an action!.
By the way, although Micorsoft's official line is "Don't pirate our software", it actually benifits them. If home users pirate Windows then it actually boosts their sales from corperate users which is how they make most of their profit.

They would rather you pritate their software than their competitors!
https://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?info=EXLINK&articleID=198000211

By the way, just for the record, I agree with your decision to delete the article I'm just providing a bit of debate on copyright law and piracy. I am not saying that it's alright to pirate copyrighted material. All I am saying is that the author of the material doesn't always loose out from piracy, they often gain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back