Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

starter projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

i am monster

hey
im fairly new to electronics and was wondering if you guys had any experments or projects i could do (things i can build, ect) on a breadboard or what not to learn more about componets and how they work together and just to mess around
(i have many supplies and a very good solder)
thanks
links, videos, diagrams would be great:D

you should list any previous electronics and circuits experience you have.

not very much curcuit board experance..
but i do know how the basic componts work and knowagable about electricty..
i have solder a few little toys on curcuit boards(such as leds with varible controls, simple move by there self robots) and just insereted in more...

i want somthing thats fun, inseresting, but basic to make or anything else to keep me busy..
any neat projects some one wants to share?

i was thinking about ordering some curcuit board kits online

I know this may sound cheezy, but when I first started out, I got a kit from Radio Shack that featured an array of components and a project book. There was a wire kit that connected the components, and easy termanals for connecting them. I learned alot using the kit.

The new ones are much better, I think, and have more advanced projects. Some may even have microcontroller projs. The look slicker too :)

I'd suggest small amplifier, mono, or stereo,
then you can work out connection methods, power supply.

TBA820M (small 8-pin DIL IC, 50 cents)
together with 100K potentiometer.

it can be powered from 5V (USB), and still is reasonably audible.

when you have more experience you can build real amplifier.

same for microcontroller: start with the basic models, which do not require complicate configuration. you can save a lot of time. later when you understand how they work, you can spend efforts on the configuration.

it is no shame to make a coloring activity from a monochrome blueprint, and neither it is a shame to build a simple IC based amplifier.
as long as power supply, connectors etc. are made nicely.

thanks srikanthsamaga that was very much something i ve been looking for!

whats a "chaser" birdman?

has any one made a hearing device?
i was thinking that would be cool...
parts?
schematic?

thanks for all the assistance

Try doing a little searching on KipKay. That will give you a couple of good starter projects that let you get parts from radioshack.

Start with some simple circuits first.

My first electronic circuit was a astable multivib. with 2 transistors, 2 caps, 4 Resistors and 2 LED's. google for the schema.

Build a simple joule thief with LED, transistor, coil and 1k res.

Enjoy this great forum and hobby.

Raymond

Build a simple joule thief with LED, transistor, coil and 1k res.

Enjoy this great forum and hobby.

Raymond

I'd recommend the variant using two inductors, aquiring a core can be difficult, as well handling of the magnet wire.

talkingelectronics.com has this circuit.

wheres a good place to get components.... the only local place i know is radioshack and they sometimes dont have certain things :(

i was looking at electronics goldmine... they seem to have a decent cheap selection

wheres a good place to get components.... the only local place i know is radioshack and they sometimes dont have certain things :(

i was looking at electronics goldmine... they seem to have a decent cheap selection

A few others:

Jameco
Digikey
Mouser
MPJA
All Electronics
Allied
Newark
Futurlec

Not sure about All Electronics and Futurlec, but all the others will send you big paper catalogs. These are great for educational browsing...learning what components are out there and how they are spec'ed.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back