Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

Hi,

I want to make a small spot of light at say 10 meter.
The first idea is using a laser pen, but there is a problem with my laser pens,
The spot light of them is not visible when there is a highlight fluorescent in the room.
I want to see the spot of light on the opposite wall at 10 meter max.
Does anyone have any idea please?

I am not thinking about a more powerful laser because I won't like to lose my eyes!

Thanks in advance

use a color that offers more contrast to the wall, and a color your eyes are more sensitive too

for example, a green led of the same power as a red led appears brighter since our eyes are more sensitive to green

10 meters is a LONG ways for any light to travel without being coherent like a laser. you could try something like a 3 degree colaminator and a 5 watt green prolight led

Sure, plant an LED and battery in the wall... If you want to move it, you're pretty well stuck, a laser pointer is the only really repositonal light source you're going to get that works at a distance, and something bright enough to be viewed under bright lighting is going to be able to blind someone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back