Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony 21 white spot when turn off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sira_c

I got Sony TV and when i switch off it there will be a white spot on the middle for less than second. how to fix this issue. this is KV-J21

Attachments

• 20200605_165710.jpg
    20200605_165710.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
Do you have a schematic?, there should be part of the circuit specifically designed to prevent that, as it will fairly rapidly burn a mark in the middle of the screen.

To be honest, it's so many years since I did CRT TV's, I can't remember where it might be on a Sony? - but you might try looking round the beam limiter (ABL) circuit, it 'may' be associated with that. Have a look at R816, R856 and R857 which set the operating point.

TVTech might come along?, he's still repairing CRT sets.

Don't like watching the white spot fade away?
That is the best part of many tv programmes.

JimB

Thank you for the update. this is the similar diagrams as this uncommon model - KV-J21 MF1. recently I replaced the fly and TDA 8375A as both faulty, and ABL resister as well. The TV looks very colorful and bright now. small color patch on right side - see CRT.jpg. and LCD show the correct color . issue is the blue/white dot during shut off

Do you have a schematic?, there should be part of the circuit specifically designed to prevent that, as it will fairly rapidly burn a mark in the middle of the screen.

To be honest, it's so many years since I did CRT TV's, I can't remember where it might be on a Sony? - but you might try looking round the beam limiter (ABL) circuit, it 'may' be associated with that. Have a look at R816, R856 and R857 which set the operating point.

TVTech might come along?, he's still repairing CRT sets.

Attachments

• kv2119m5j.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • CRT.jpg
    CRT.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 99
  • LCD.jpg
    LCD.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads