Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speaker question

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright im hooking up my cd player in my car the speaker output is 20 watts and 4-8 ohms impedence. My speakers are 4ohm and 8watt max would this be why im getting no sound. when i shake the whole stero the speakers crackle but the wiring has been tested and the wireing to the speakers are good. thanks.

Moe the Bartender said:
alright im hooking up my cd player in my car the speaker output is 20 watts and 4-8 ohms impedence. My speakers are 4ohm and 8watt max would this be why im getting no sound. when i shake the whole stero the speakers crackle but the wiring has been tested and the wireing to the speakers are good. thanks.

It wouldn't stop it working at all, it's just likely to damage the speakers by feeding them too much power - it sounds like you may have a fault in your stereo, the speakers shouldn't crackle when you shake it.

Speaker

Check whether the internal speaker winding is continuos by using a multimeter. else check whether the speaker souunds for any other input. if it doesnot, then the internal winding is broken.
if it sounds for other inputs, then there is no problem with the speaker. there may be a problem with the impedance matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back