Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source for hard palladium pen plating solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
RE: Source for hard palladium pen plating solution

Def: Hard: Usually an alloy with nickle or cobalt

Someone that will ship to the US.

Small quantity.

No. It needs to have nickle or cobalt in it. Like hard gold has nickle or cobalt in it. Hard gold would be used for edge fingers.
Without the hardening agents, palladium is prone to stress cracking. I'd also like it in pen plating form.

You can pen, brush, electroplate and electroless plate things.

I'm trying to repair a connector system that used carbon-Silver and likely tin or tin lead on the opposite side. With difficulty, I could replace the FPC connector with a gold plated one.

Plan is to remove the carbon/gold and squeegee nickle pads and plate them like you might repair a gold edge finger/

Tin dissolves gold.

The "wires" in the cable are likely tin plated copper.

So, the usual contact is gold-nickle-copper where nickle is a REQUIRED diffusion barrier and the gold prevents oxidation of nickle.

paladium pen plating I can find. I can't find the hard stuff. Want the cost to be around $125.00 or less.

Thanks. The SDS doesn't mention hard. There is hard and soft gold too. They have nickle or Cobalt in it. The same is true for palladium.

I did a LOT of online research on plating in the past few days.

I think the most important things learned was the difference between hard and soft gold and that tin dissolves gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back