Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound switch needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

1handman

What I need is a sound (voice) activated latching switch 12 volt dc that will handle around 10 amps. It needs to quickly complete a circuit on the first sound, then open the circuit quickly on the second sound. Example: say the word "on" and the switch completes the circuit and holds it until you say "off" then the circuit is broken. The switch sensitivity needs to be adjustable. I'm going to use a throat mic with this switch. I have searched several weeks without any luck. I did find two through some of the disability sites but neither would do all I'm looking for. The "clap" switches I found don't work on the first sound and are not 12 volt. If needed, I would also be interested in a person that could build this switch for me. TIA

Thanks for the diagram, is there a site/link where I could buy a switch like I have described or maybe a switch that could be easily modified to preform as I want?

There's a kit you can buy.
**broken link removed**

Thanks, I looked at that switch but it requires two sounds to close, two to open a circuit. Plus it's 9 volt.
I also looked at this **broken link removed** but this switch doesn't stay closed it opens after a few seconds. I need the switch to stay closed untill it gets a second sound to open.

Man, I wished I invented the 'clapper.' Techincally, it's a piece of cake, but I just don't have the ideas to make me rich.

The throat mic senses vowels only. It will not hear the "ff" in the word, off.
You need to use the clap switch and bark once or twice.

Sorry, I didn't read your post properly.

The "clap" switches I found don't work on the first sound and are not 12 volt

The clap switch I found will work off 12V.

You're right about it not working on the first sound.

You you want a simple sound activated switch or a voice recognition circuit?

A simple 12volt sound switch would work. I need it to turn on/off quickly, voice activated, first sound. It doesn't need voice recognition. I want to use a throat mic because it will be used while operating a tractor.

It needs to be quick operating, first sound on, second sound off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back