Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solenoid Valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentonw2004

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows a good source to buy a cheap air solenoid valve. I need a minimum pressure rating of around 40-50psi, and it should be normally closed. Thanks!

**broken link removed**

once upon a time all building HVAC used to run on pneumatic controls but now with the invention of the PC parts are becoming harder to get and more expensive.

One building I look after a 20 story highrise the pnematic temp sensors once cost $60 each and I had it the next day, now it costs $500 and takes a month to get here.

ASCO is one of several suppliers. Things that I might wonder about:

1. Flow rate is good to know - no point in buying more valve than you need.
2. How much pressure loss or drop can be taken across the valve. Before you say "little or none" realize that it can profoundly impact the cost of the valve to you.
3. The pressure difference across the valve, when off, may determine how tightly it seals or if it will even stay "off."

I hope this helps.

MSC and McMaster-Carr will (or used to) sell things like this to individuals. Grainger is a good source too but normally you need an account. Best to see what brands they handle (and check the cost) then look to specific manufacturer's for info on applications.

Forgot to mention that MSC or McMaster are large supply houses. My experience with them is excellent but you have to know what you want in terms of their catalog number. All of this presumes you are here in the US. I'd guess that they'd export but that would seem to be an expensive route.

Try **broken link removed**
I've bought quite a few solenoid valves from these guys, they are resonably priced and of good quality.Also they sell in single to large quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back