Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sequential control for micro solenoid valves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I write mainly in C and ASM (latter if I have no choice). The GUI languages are a predecessor to
AI machine entry, where one simply speaks ones thoughts and the machine does the rest. Still
a ways off but not so far. I found some interesting uses in some, like S4Arduino that has a speech
block. I had a test requirement where I was distant from host, but wanted measurements made
and spoken so across the room I could do adjustments and get the system to talk to me.

I could have tackled 1 or more weeks of programming, but using blocks up and running in a
few minutes. Would I sell that as a commercial system, no way. But one off rapid get a hammer
and a nail and fasten the board to a stud, oh ya.

So I like the many languages and compilers and etc.. I have used since early 70's, all with limitations
ands strengths. I find the block programming has a useful, limited, but growing capability. Lots of
effort going into MIT Scratch and its being ported across other cores.

To your point, totally agree one does not design repeatable profession systems using mBlock. Not
MARS mission coding useful. But if you look at the code generated its OK. And I would say one does
not start kids out on a strongly typed language. But moves them in that direction over time. Explaining
to a kid nested pointer indirection and structures might a reason they would be gazing at the walls most
of the time. And it helps the visual learner somewhat, although Flowcode I think does a better job of that.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back