Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unusual project, need an unusual solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a totally ground up Hauptwerk project.. .. .. ..
.. .. … ..I just don't want to spend $50 a pop for a hundred units.

Hauptwerk Ok, but with how many voices ?

I think if you plan on using the same solenoid for selecting a soundboard and then for individual pipes you're going to have massive timing issues, not to mention space.

I'm not suggesting you should use the KA units, but a browse through their catalogue might give you some good ideas.

S

Hauptwerk provides an interface to stops exactly the same as a real instrument. Each drawknob unit connects to a midi scanner board (which in turn drives the knobs for combination action). I'm going to be making a lot of units. Voice count depends on the organ sampled. I'm basically building entire drawknob units from scratch, matching the input/outputs of a regular knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back