Solenoid valve timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich G

Hello all - new here.

I have a 24V automatic in-line solenoid valve. I would like to build a timer to turn on the valve (open) for water flow for 1 hour then shut off the valve. I would like to be able to adjust (via pot?) for water flow from 1 hour up to 2 hours.

Thanks in advance -

Rich

If you have AC availability, pick yours:

**broken link removed**

If you only have 24V to run the timer, modify any of those for its circuit to run on 24V.

Not the sort of thing I would build; not when you can go to HomeDepot and buy a turn key programmable timer with power supply for $20

Yeah, I understand. This is for a(n) RO water set up inside the kitchen. My wife makes water for her aquarium - sometimes 5 gallons, sometimes 25 gallon water changes. She has flooded the kitchen out numerous times when "we" forgot to turn the water off and it ran all day. I got the valve with the idea of an irrigation system timer like I have for the yard but I was thinking about building something simple that she will not have to set up a program every time. I also looked at the mechanical water cycle timers but saw enough bad reviews about these devices to make me question their dependability. The last thing I want to do is set something up and worry whether it will work every time. Figured if I made it myself I would have a little more peace of mind.

Thanks for the replies -

Rich

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…