Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solenoid valve timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich G

Hello all - new here.

I have a 24V automatic in-line solenoid valve. I would like to build a timer to turn on the valve (open) for water flow for 1 hour then shut off the valve. I would like to be able to adjust (via pot?) for water flow from 1 hour up to 2 hours.

Thanks in advance -

Rich

If you have AC availability, pick yours:

**broken link removed**

If you only have 24V to run the timer, modify any of those for its circuit to run on 24V.

Not the sort of thing I would build; not when you can go to HomeDepot and buy a turn key programmable timer with power supply for $20

Yeah, I understand. This is for a(n) RO water set up inside the kitchen. My wife makes water for her aquarium - sometimes 5 gallons, sometimes 25 gallon water changes. She has flooded the kitchen out numerous times when "we" forgot to turn the water off and it ran all day. I got the valve with the idea of an irrigation system timer like I have for the yard but I was thinking about building something simple that she will not have to set up a program every time. I also looked at the mechanical water cycle timers but saw enough bad reviews about these devices to make me question their dependability. The last thing I want to do is set something up and worry whether it will work every time. Figured if I made it myself I would have a little more peace of mind.

Thanks for the replies -

Rich

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back