Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solenoid driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a big demand for thru hole linear parts. Many people do not like surface mount.

Yeah, I know what you mean about shipping costs and the rules and regulations. All the same, you may be lucky and find someone who is crying out for your parts. Many of the semiconductors advertised on ebay are new old stock. I bought some BC182/BC212s once that were about 30 years old. You haven't got any vacuum tubes or germanium small signal transistors or diodes, because they fetch big bucks these days. Makes me cringe because I gave a load of tubes away years ago and just chucked all the germanium stuff, also originating from a stores clear out at work.

spec

Up to about 3 years ago, my website did good.
Still getting LOST OF HITS on my site.
But now it seems no one wants to spend time BUILDING THINGS.
Just Buy Cheap stuff from China and I can't give Free Shipping or Compete with their prices.

Most of the parts I have are more or less, Newer types.
I also got rid of the Old Germanium diodes and transistors, Years ago.
I have a Few Tubes, But not many.

Forgot to mention, I also sold 400 pieces of 500pf, 15KV capacitors to that place I sold the diodes to.
Did OK on these Caps.

But now it seems no one wants to spend time BUILDING THINGS.
Just Buy Cheap stuff from China and I can't give Free Shipping or Compete with their prices.
Oh, I see. That makes sense.:oops:

Hi all, and chemelec especially: somehow since my last post #99 on October 15 I did not get anymore notices of new postings and I have not looked at this board until tonight. Chemelec, I saw you email address in your post here, I sent you a message. Sorry for not having repsonded earlier!

Hi chemelec, thanks a lot for this diagram! Somehow I did not get notified of any postings since October 15, sorry for the delay in replying!

Now how would you add an "OR" gate to the trigger so that for example an external circuit with 1. potential free contacts or 2. with a voltage trigger of 5V (high impedance output) would also have to be able to trigger specific solenoids? I am thinking of adding automation, so that solenoids would be triggered by either the DPDT switches, or by external control circuitry (for example Arduino controller).

The external circuit would be able to give both a trigger signal for the 555 and a signal to the solenoid te be dtriggered.

.. But he might have problems getting tantalums.
That .1 Will work Ok.

Tantalums I can get hold of.

I am offering him the PCB for Free, Including the Postage Cost, just sending it in a Letter.

I Could supply him with the PCB and All Parts, Including up to 20, Center Off Switches, But than it becomes a Parcel.
Between the Higher Cost of Shipping and all the Parts, I Can't do that for Free.

That is very kind of you. But please let me know your expenses, I will be glad to return the favour.

Erik, The Circuit Board was Mailed on About Oct 21, along with the Parts Overlay and Schematic.

Your should get it fairly soon.
NO CHARGE!

FWIW:

With this forum you can read the entire response in your email. This is not a substitute to visiting the forum. If you don't visit, you typically don;t get notifications.

chemelec, the board arrived last week; when it is populated (will take some weeks though) I will post a picture :cool:

FWIW:

With this forum you can read the entire response in your email. This is not a substitute to visiting the forum. If you don't visit, you typically don;t get notifications.
The notifications are -afaik- unrelated to actual board visits but to a setting in your profile: notifications. Sometimes I would get notified without having visited a thread for several ways/weeks, and sometimes I would have visited, and the day after not even get notified of a new post.
What now?

Erik, The Circuit Board was Mailed on About Oct 21, along with the Parts Overlay and Schematic.

Your should get it fairly soon.
NO CHARGE!
Meanwhile arrived, many thanks!

To chemelec, or others: how would you add an "OR" gate to the trigger so that for example an external circuit with 1. potential free contacts or 2. with a voltage trigger of 5V (high impedance output) would also have to be able to trigger specific solenoids? I am thinking of adding automation, so that solenoids would be triggered by either the DPDT switches, or by external control circuitry (for example Arduino controller).

The notifications are -afaik- unrelated to actual board visits but to a setting in your profile: notifications. Sometimes I would get notified without having visited a thread for several ways/weeks, and sometimes I would have visited, and the day after not even get notified of a new post.
What now?
The notification flags are a bit variable both on the ETO window and by your emails. I mentioned this in the site issues forum. But you can check all the posts that you requested notifications for by hovering over 'Alerts' and clicking on 'show all'. This will give a screen full of all the post alerts that you have requested.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back