Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solenoid Cold Trap for Thermal Vacuum Chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

{XtremeDry}

Anybody here can explain to me the function of solenoid cold trap for thermal vacuum chamber. I heard the explanation from the mechanical guy in my company; however, i can't fully understand its function and figure out how it really works. What is its part in the chamber?
Thanks.

Welcome to ETO, {Xtremely}!

... explain to me the function of solenoid cold trap for thermal vacuum chamber...

I'm going to assume the term "solenoid" is a control term, rather than a specific type of cold trap.

A "cold trap" is a passive device used to remove moisture from a gaseous sample. For instance, to remove water vapor from a sample of air (in your example, the air being removed from the vacuum chamber), thereby "drying" the air.

Typical "cold trap":
upload_2016-6-17_9-26-5.png
A gaseous sample, injected on the right, passes through a trap chamber (which is immersed in, for example, ice, dry ice or liquid nitrogen) where a condensate collects on the inside walls of the trap and then a more dry (less "wet") gaseous sample leaves from the left.

There a many, many uses for cold traps.

As for the term"solenoid"; it is probably referring to a device that opens and/or closes a valve controlling the gaseous flow..

Last edited:
There are cold traps for vacuum diffusion pumps which are thermal. Without the cold trap the pump would not work. Usually these are cooled by LN2 or other system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back