Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar80 Charge Controller Repair and Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

N11778

I have had CZ2 (8 uf capacitor) go bad in two of 8 units. Dont toss them. The capacitor starts leaking at higher temps and stops charging. I replaced them with a 10uf 16v electrolytic and no problems.

In 3 of the units with Part#s 1211V3.0 the outputs chatter on and off when they turn off.
the other units with part#s USB4.0A and USB6.0 don't have the problem.

Anyone else noticed this problem? And know of a fix. Solar80_MainBoard_1211V3.0.JPG Solar80_Ours.jpg

Hi N11 I installed a similar controller , some years ago ,and it started to chatter recently , not had chance to look at it yet , Its not the same manufacture but display is the same... thanks for info . may be very useful ..
edit CZ2 anything special ?

bad (leaky)CZ2 causes no battery charging. I never did figure out what causes the Outputs to chatter.
I have 8 of the controllers and only 2 of them have the problem of chattering output.
the part numbers on the boards are the same on the two that chatter.
I only use the outputs on 2 of the controllers, so I just put the ones that chatter where I don't use the outputs.
I think the chattering problem is in the programing of the chip on the ones I have.
Be carefull testing around D3 the opto isolator , I toasted the PLC chip P3 I think I touched the scope ground between the chip ground and the solar panel negative NOT Sure but b carefull working in that area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back