Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help understanding solar batteries charge and load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked a sensible question,

Solarpanel>Mppt>battery>load

I asked is there anyway to restrict the potential current to the battery without restricting the potential current to the load, you replied.

There is no difference with the solar controller. The output current will only be what the loads (including the battery charge controller) require - whether the solar controller can give 8A or 80000A - as long as the voltage remains the same.

So "SARCASTICALLY" I said, great ill just throw the battery in there then and not worry if the potential max current from the battery charger "mppt" is 500000amps, because you keep implying, un-porposefully im sure, that the battery will only consume as much current as it wants and is nothing to worry about.

You then replied.

NO

Look at the **********£*^$&$%****** (many expletives) diagram!

I'd suggest you learn basic electronics before attempting to use any lithium batteries; no one on here wants to be responsible for another user blowing themselves up or burning their house down, which is what will happen if you do not learn.

I am not responding further to this subject.

Thank you for your help rjenkinsgb I will leave the question open incase anyone else wants to reply.

In the case of a circuit
Solarpanel>Mppt>Battery>Load

Is there a way to restrict the potential max current to the battery wired in paralell whilst retaining 16.8v, without restricting potential max current to the load, reason being I would like to limit max load at 16.8v@4A to the battery, but allow 16.8v@8A draw from the load from both either the battery or Mppt.

Is this accomplishable effeciently?

Is there a way to restrict the potential max current to the battery wired in paralell whilst retaining 16.8v, without restricting potential max current to the load, reason being I would like to limit max load at 16.8v@4A to the battery, but allow 16.8v@8A draw from the load from both either the battery or Mppt.
You have been told repeatedly how to do that and completely ignored every answer.

I can only guess that you are trying to be deliberately annoying; no one can genuinely be so stupid.
You are now blocked, before I say something far worse that gets me banned.

Charge control_highlighted.jpg

You have been told repeatedly how to do that and completely ignored every answer.

I can only guess that you are trying to be deliberately annoying; no one can genuinely be so stupid.
You are now blocked, before I say something far worse that gets me banned.

View attachment 132391

But if 20 amps was available from the charge controller, the battery would charge too fast in this diagram???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back