Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

software to use!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

hi! guys,

can you guys have any idea of software package can i use to draw circuit like the one shown below?

i.e that has the same symbol shown of both independent and Dependent Sources.

i'll highly appreciate your help..

Attachments

• cct.JPG
    cct.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
I think Multisim has dependent sources.Never used it though but LTspice doesnt have them.

hi! guys,

can you guys have any idea of software package can i use to draw circuit like the one shown below?

i.e that has the same symbol shown of both independent and Dependent Sources.

i'll highly appreciate your help..

hi t.
Dont you just want to draw or simulate.?

i just want to draw

hi t,
Download expresspcb from the web, its free,, there are two parts, one is a electronic dwg program and the other a pcb layout program.

In the expresssch drawing you can create and save your designed shapes.

Do you follow.?:p

Last edited:
hi t,
Download expresspcb from the web, its free,, there are two parts, one is a electronic dwg program and the other a pcb layout program.

let me download the software, and i'll come back to you if any problems:)

hi t,

i don't get it right. could you explain a bit further? a demonstration example will do....

i don't get it right. could you explain a bit further? a demonstration example will do....

hi t,
Which section dont you understand, did you look at the included tutorial.?

I use MS Paint for all of my drawings!

Attachments

• 3 Second  Timer relay.gif
    3 Second Timer relay.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I think Multisim has dependent sources.Never used it though but LTspice doesnt have them.
:confused::confused: LTspice has e, f, g, and h dependent sources. I've used them many times.

Attachments

• dependent sources.PNG
    dependent sources.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I use SmartDraw ....

You can Google it and find their web site. It's does a lot more than just electrical or electronic drawings....

Once you use the demo .. You will find other things it would be good to use elsewhere.

Is there a software that not only you can draw but also put in values of components and it can calculate the values when you insert them.

Is there a software that not only you can draw but also put in values of components and it can calculate the values when you insert them.
If you mean that you want the software to calculate the component values, the answer is no. The software would have to know your intentions in order to be able to do that.

If you cannot teach yourself how to use ExpressPCB to draw a schematic, then perhaps it would be best if you draw your schematic with a pencil on a piece of paper and then scan that to put it on your PC.

I use MS Paint for all of my drawings!

Nice drawings but has limitations. No direct annotation with PWB sw, sim sw, or Design rule check. Looks nice but limited use.

I like a seemless package that goes from schema to sim, to cad, and BOM.

Last edited:
Hello T,

I´d say that one good choice is the Eagle ().
You can donwload a free version but there are some limitations. There´s a good library as well and it´s easy to use.

I agree. A serious schematic tool is not just a drawing program. It is the front end for a data base and it does a lot of checks of your work against design rules. Its use of symbols as components rather than just drawing objects is key to linking to other tools for simulation and pcb layout. Which is pretty much what Mike said, I guess. Sorry about the redundancy, but I gotta keep my posting rate up somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back