Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soft touch power switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deckie

I managed to find a lovely Bluetooth speaker that's really small, good quality and fits really well inside the model I'm building. The only problem is that it has a soft touch power switch which means to turn it on I would have to take the model apart in order to press the power button. Also, the speaker turns itself off when the input stops for a while. Ideally I need a Bluetooth speaker that's powered externally so that it's possible to power up the model's sound and lights with a single external switch. The only ones I can find with a physical power switch are about twice the size. I would have to let the rechargeable batteries go flat and power it externally through the USB charging lead.

This is the one I went for...
**broken link removed**

Does anyone know how the soft touch power switches work on these devices? I may be able to modify it but I don't want to cut it open only to find the power switching and latching is performed within tiny microchip circuitry or some way similar that can't be modified. I'm hoping I can short something out to keep it permanently on.

Advice on this or any other ideas on how to implement the Bluetooth sound in the model with external power control will be greatly appreciated.

Chances are that it has a microprocessor inside, and the switch is talking to the micro... The micro controls a transistor used to power it up/down

Thanks MikeMI, that's what I was suspecting so I don't know whether it's going to be suitable for the purpose. Pity. I can't really keep taking the model apart just to switch the sound on, it'll get damaged eventually. There must be a Bluetooth solution for this somewhere. Isn't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back