Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

socket for molex KK series header

Status
Not open for further replies.

glmclell

I'm looking for a male 'socket' to accept a female 3 pin KK series molex receptacle, I guess you call it a wire-to-wire connector

0.100" / 2.54mm pitch, 3 positions, single row

i'm sure you've all seen the wire to board header, 3 pins, usually brown / dark orange, with the little locking tab

And the female part has the wires enter the back, crimp on terminals that insert into the little plastic housing, which then pressure fits onto the header.

I have a single socket (with no part number on it) that accepts the 3pin female receptacle, but I have no idea who makes it or where to get them.

I've checked Digikey, Newark and Molex, they have the female receptacle and the male headers, but nothing like a male socket..

any ideas are appericated.

glmclell said:
I'm looking for a male 'socket' to accept a female 3 pin KK series molex receptacle, I guess you call it a wire-to-wire connector

0.100" / 2.54mm pitch, 3 positions, single row

i'm sure you've all seen the wire to board header, 3 pins, usually brown / dark orange, with the little locking tab

And the female part has the wires enter the back, crimp on terminals that insert into the little plastic housing, which then pressure fits onto the header.

I have a single socket (with no part number on it) that accepts the 3pin female receptacle, but I have no idea who makes it or where to get them.

I've checked Digikey, Newark and Molex, they have the female receptacle and the male headers, but nothing like a male socket..

any ideas are appericated.

Not sure if I'm imagining it right, but are you sure it's not an Molex SL connector? https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/07/705430003_sd.pdf

you state "Digikey, Newark and Molex" so i guess you are in the US

have you tried Farnell (www.farnell.com). They are a british company bu thtey have struck a big deal with Newark where we (brits) can order in part on Newark books but it does mean that the US can get Farnell stuff as well.

This is of most use in the US to get metric mechanical stuff (since you lot still using old money :wink: ) but you might find that we can get some connectors you cant

thanks, I'll check that website

here are some good pictures of the socket in question:

you can see the female receptacle on the left, and the male socket that I'm searching for on the right.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back