Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single sided PCB's on Cricut

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
The cricut is a CNC paper cutting machine marketed to scrap bookers. I have not tried this so use at your own risk. I have been using my cricut to cut solder paste masks. Not perfect but it can be made to work.

Cricuts can be found at rummage sales. Sometimes ebay has repairable units for $10 or $20. The author has some repair info on his site.

**broken link removed**

Author uses Future floor wax or spray paint as resist.

This might be of interest to people who have had problems with toner transfer and or the mess of working with exposing and etching UV.

That's interesting...
Also have a look at this method:
https://www.powershow.com/view/3b00...ng_Process_Outlin_powerpoint_ppt_presentation

Also, I hope to get a laser engraver soon..I plan to use the spray paint resist and 'laser' off the areas to be etched.

I will also try to use powdercoat powder as a resist which is fused into the resist traces by the laser beam. Then dust off the remaining powder. Application of the powdercoat to the copper clad will proceed via the standard method of HV powdercoat spraying. Just that i won't bake it all, just let the laser do it!

Double sided boards should be possible with proper registration.

That's my brite idea of the month.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back