Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single pulse latching relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshavina23

IMG_0571.PNG IMG_0572.PNG
IMG_0571.PNG
IMG_0572.PNG
I'm working on a project for school, it's basically a IR controlled fan with 9V DC. Basically you press any button on a tv remote and the IR sensor ( TSOP 1838) picks up the signal and outputs it to the fan and the fan spins. Problem with this is I have to continuously keep a button pressed on the remote for the fan to spin. I want to only have to press it once and have the fan power on. I want to use a latching relay but not sure how I can incorporate it. To my knowledge I've only seen relays that require 2 different signals to turn "off/on" the relay.

I just ordered a bistable 2 cool latching relay online but not sure if I'll be able to use that. My circuit only has 1 signal output, is there any way I can wire the relay to make it need just 1 output? Really need help for my project!

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO!
Can you post a link to the relay, or provide its spec (coil current, voltage, contact arrangement)?

Googling "4013 relay circuits" and/ or "555 timer relay circuits" should give you a starting point for your circuit idea.

You can use a 555 and 4017 to create a signal for the relay use 4 outputs with alt outputs blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back