Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single PC Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbear

Where can I get a sinle PC Board made, the catch is, that the original was made the old fashioned way, pen and ink on paper. I dont want to have to buy a ton of product to make a 1 off myself.

If it is a small one, you get qty 5 for $5.00 from most of the PCB manuf JCBPCB, PCBWAY etc, there are a number to pick from.
You get double sided, through hole plating etc.
I use Kicad to draw up and produce the Gerber files neccesary.
Max.

Do you have, or are you able to draw, a schematic? What is the physical size and does it have to stay the same size?

Mike.

Where can I get a sinle PC Board made, the catch is, that the original was made the old fashioned way, pen and ink on paper. I dont want to have to buy a ton of product to make a 1 off myself.
Post a photo next to a ruler.

Ok, I shall post both the schematic, and the actual board next to a ruler. Im sorry, I can handle gerber, and stuff like that.
I was hoping to pay someone here for a one off.

psychophone PCB.jpg
psychophoon-schematic.jpg

I was actually able to copy the schematic and board layout. As everyone can see, this was not exactly a professional job to begin with, and I would be happy with a copy of the hand drawn unit, it doesnt have to be redrawn

Last edited:
That appears to be a very old radio circuit. Why do you need it? Is it a restoration project?

Mike.

Thank you very much everyone, I think I will get some of that laser paper for heat transfer directly by ironing onto a board, and try that.

Im sorry Mr. Goodwin, but does it really matter what the circuit board Is for, as long as its not to make a Bomb? You kinda make me think that you are putting down my hobby.

I've no problem whatsoever with you making it, but I would suggest you might like to try JLCPCB, who provide a free online PCB design package, and will make 5 prototype for very little money - and you could sell the other four to your friends.

Another option, if you live in the USA, is ExpressPCB.com

They also offer free schematic capture and board layout software.

Another option, if you live in the USA, is ExpressPCB.com

They also offer free schematic capture and board layout software.

ExpressPCB was a good option in the US, years ago. $65 for 3 boards of a fixed size with limited features doesn't compare to $5 for 10 boards 2-sided boards of up to 100mm × 100mm, with soldermask and silkscreen on top and bottom.

All of those PCB vendors do a good job at a low rate BUT, someone has to draw it. He doesn't have a Gerber file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back