Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating IGBT in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Can anyone help me to simulate an IGBT in LTSpice I am trying to create a model for the IGBT in the datasheet attached I am not 100% how I go about doing this in LTspice I know that in the new version of LTSpice there are nIGBT's but I am not sure which parameters I need to add to this model and how to go about chanigng them. If anyone could even create one for me that would be great.

Thanks
Art

Attachments

• APT150GN120J_B-2.pdf
    449.9 KB · Views: 641
hi art,
Are you signed up with the Yahoo LTSpice user group.? there are number IGBT files.
This is one example.
Change the '.txt' to '.lib'

E

Attachments

• IHW20N120R2_test1.asc
    1.4 KB · Views: 912
  • infineon_duopack_ltspice.txt
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,032
hi art,
Are you signed up with the Yahoo LTSpice user group.? there are number IGBT files.
This is one example.
Change the '.txt' to '.lib'

E
No I haven't signed up the Yahoo group, I will check that out, if I want to change the paremeters to the IGBT I wish to test what do I change the syntax is a little weird thanks Art

Sorry, i want a information that interest this process. I must simulate a IKW15T120_L2, but this component is composed of 2 component, IGBT and Diode in anti-parallel. With file that i take form ''Infineon'' i can simulate only the IGBT, how can simulate the IKW15T120_L2 ? I have annex the file that i download in Infineon. I can't simulate this component in LTspice, i must do a Three Phase Inverters with this component. Help me plis, i don't know what to do!!

Attachments

• Infineon - Simulation Model - IGBT - Induction Heating - DuoPack.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 526
  • IKW15T120_Rev2_4G_new.doc.pdf
    506.5 KB · Views: 407
For the diode: I would put the diode on the outside of the IGBT.
Find 150nS 15A diode. Use two 600Volt diodes in series.

Sorry, i can't create a new symbol for rappresent my component IKW15T120_L2 ? In the file .olb i have the component complete. I cant create a new simbol with this file ???

Attachments

• Readme_PSPICE_L2.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 289
Easiest way is to open the "1200V trenchstop 2.lib" that you downloaded in ltspice. (file, open...)
Then right click on the blue subckt line, select Create symbol, confirm, save. Now you will have in the components/autogenerated an ugly schematic symbol of that part, but it will work for simulation. You can then google how to change the schematic symbol if you feel the need for that.

The subckt already has the diode connected parallel to the igbt.

Sei sicuro di evidenziare la parte in blu. '' Subckt IKW15T120_L2 ano Gate kat PARAMS: TJ = 27 '' Il simbolo che ho generato è quello di un diodo igbt?
Questo è il mio problema, non sono sicuro che questo sia l'accoppiamento ma il mio IGBT discreto

Attachments

42.8 KB · Views: 293
Are you sure to highlight the part in blue. ' ' Subckt IKW15T120_L2 ano Gate kat PARAMS: TJ = 27 ' ' The symbol I generated is that of an IGBT diode?
That's my problem, I'm not sure this is the pairing but my IGBT discrete

Yes, right click that line. You can see the subckt contains a few components, and the IGBT model XL76xxA and the diode model XDIO, which are specified later in that file.

Ok, I have developed a three-phase inverter with PWM modulation with this igbt but I get low currents and a very slow simulation, I think is due to the component, I ask you a hand because I can not get out

Attachments

42.8 KB · Views: 334
  • INVERTERDEFINITIVO.asc
    4.8 KB · Views: 349
That gate drive doesn´t look like anything that could ever work, even in simulation. Your gate drive voltage is 0 to 5V relative to ground, but they need to be relative to the cathode of the igbt. Look how normal H bridge drivers are used and why.

I suggest you use an E source to get correct votlage on the gates relative to the cathode of the igbt. It´s the simplest way to get it to work.

In this way??? When you talk about E sourse,do you mean the Voltage dependent voltage source? I have attach the file in bottom. I have change the schematic, can you take a look ?

Attachments

• INVERTERDEFINITIVO (1).asc
    6.4 KB · Views: 304
  • Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 784
How i can use this device ? I don't know what do. Please I have to let go of my inverter, in this way I could not get the exact waveforms.
How can I use this new component component?

You could probably get away with using a MOSFET in the simulation.
The IGBT and MOSFET are very similar to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back