Simple Bench Power Supply 10A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many LM393 comparators cannot be used in your circuit because its minimum output low current is only 6mA. Your circuit has an output current of 14.3mA.
It is a dual comparator. Do you know how to disable the unused comparator?

No i do not.
Can you explain more please ?

This is my first attempt with LM393 and general with comparator...

I do not know what the comparator will drive.
You made many mistakes on your schematic that I fixed except for R5.

Attachments

• comparator.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 179
Comparitors usually have open collecor or open drain ouputs, so thay can't source current. See the datasheet here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=ZFfSvCgmjZNjfhsK0J5DSw&bvm=bv.78677474,d.cWc

You have to design for 6 mA or the minimum sink current thats guaranteed.

Disabling, basically means you should pick inputs which would result in 0 output in this case. Because of the high input Z, you should have the comparator inputs somewhere. Vcc and ground would be fine, but you would RATHER the output transistor to be off, not on. Usually a resistor is inserted in series with the In+ and In- lines as well. Whatever you have handy or used elsewhere in your circuit, e.g. 10K

I do not know what the comparator will drive.
You made many mistakes on your schematic that I fixed except for R5.

The 14.3Volts is the desired volt to change from one transformer to the other(this comes from power supply output voltage 0-32 Volt)
5 Volt is for reference only
R3 is the output resistor. I suppose for relay a transistor will be needed ?

As it doesn't go to the output, then no it's not

Connecting it properly to the output would work, but your resistor values all seem rather low?.

Have changed the circuit as below.
When i run it and use the red voltmeter to take measurements i only have 1v ?
What have i done wrong? I think it has to do with ltspice config...

Attachments

• comparator2.asc
    1.5 KB · Views: 141
Your circuit is still completely wrong:

Attachments

• comparator again.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 160
Well i am back with this project.
Sorry for long absence but had many work and some more things to do
I now thanks god found the time to continue this project

I decided finally not to use a voltage comparator because of absence of time and want to finish this project.
So as i have described at earlier post i will use the switch for low and hi voltage transformer.

Below is a little progress i have done with it today !

Must mention that i did not drill the holess yet for the potentiometers...

Have it in mind to paint it but haven't decided the color
Any ideas what color to paint it ?

The comparator isn't needed for hysteresis because the relay has hysteresis. Alternatively you can get positive feedback using one resistor from the unregulated DC to the base of the relay drive transistor.

The comparator isn't needed for hysteresis because the relay has hysteresis. Alternatively you can get positive feedback using one resistor from the unregulated DC to the base of the relay drive transistor.

Will not use a comparator
Thanks anyway

Magnetic relays do have hysteresis, but make/break delta is very wide, and probably not useful for this application.

Have installed the switcing power supply for the 5V usb ports and led's Hi Low indication

Have put almost everything together and soldered 220V wires to the transformers,power switch, fuse transformer switcher...

And Video from the Hi Low LED indication

I hope to finish this soon!
The PS front panel and cover will be painted tomorrow i hope. Will post the results

Primers and re scrubbing before the final color ...

Almost done!
Have the final painting and installation of the blower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…