Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple 5V to 3.3V level converter for an ICD2 clone (Untested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Came across this simple level converter for programming 3.3V chips with a 5V programmer but have yet to try it myself, looks like it might work.
Comments?
**broken link removed**

Looks pretty slick. Took me a while to figure out that PGD/DATA are bi-directional lines, right?

how is the circuit with double transistors and four resistors better or worse than this level shifter with two resistors and one transistor?

**broken link removed**
image borrowed from sparkfun

That circuit, provided by Sparkfun, was (possibly) originally suggested in Philips AN97055 "Bi-Directional Level Shifting for i2c bus and other systems", pictured below.

Attachments

• bidi-shift.png
    bidi-shift.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,714
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back