Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show us your hobby workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, how did you get yours like that? Where do you solder? Where do you dump all the random crap that you somehow accumulate?

:)

EDIT: Accidentally put Dumb instead of Dump :D

Andy1845c said:
Thats WAY too neat and tidy.......

It's not always neat and tidy. It gets messy if I'm working, but I always clean up after me because I get too annoyed with myself when I can't find things and I know it's because I left them rolling around on the table. Plus I hate working in constant mess.

Brian

Krumlink said:
Woah, how did you get yours like that? Where do you solder? Where do you dump all the random crap that you somehow accumulate?

:)

EDIT: Accidentally put Dumb instead of Dump :D

I've got a temperature controlled iron and an SMD rework station (a cheap one). They're setup on a seperate table out of shot.

Brian

Brian Hoskins said:
I've got a temperature controlled iron and an SMD rework station (a cheap one). They're setup on a seperate table out of shot.

Brian

Thats a lot better than that old bench 'thermalrunaway' used to have.:rolleyes:

Any chance of a photoshot of the bench where you actually work..:)

Here's my old one just after I finished building it.

First two pics are of ths insude, the third is me on top roofing it and the last one is my workbench with a view.

Unfortunately as soon as I settled in we sold the house and bought a bigger one so next summer ..........

Attachments

• imag0024-2.jpg
    imag0024-2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 489
  • IMAG0025-2.jpg
    IMAG0025-2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0026sm.jpg
    IMG_0026sm.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 495
  • imag0015sm.jpg
    imag0015sm.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 422
NEED MORE COWBELL!!!!

Heres mine. I am going to get some more tables soon, but I have 3 currently (out of pic)

My worktable is in the very back, with boxes of junk everywhere. :D

I then have a table to the far right (out of pic) where I do all my drilling.

The oak table in the foreground is where I usually sort my stuff and do my maths for the robots.

Also, I dont know why the pic is all wavey. I took several and they all turned out like that.

Attachments

• Workstation.JPG
    Workstation.JPG
    513.6 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
You didn't keep the camera still enough, use a flash to make the exposure much shorter (or a tripod) - or drink less! :p
A combination of the three usually works best though :p

ok, it is about time i upload a pic of my workspaces.

the pics of my room are sort of out of date. I got a new sound system for xmas (logitech z-2300, i wanted a 5300, but what can ya do? :))

anyways, my desk (room desk) is a bit cleaner than the picture. My 22" LCD from newegg should be here soon, so i can't wait. The computer in my room (i love bragging that thing up) is a Sk22g2 v2 Shuttle XPC with an ATHLON 64 x2 5600 running @ 2.8GHz with 2x 1MB l2. Geforce 7600 GS (or GT? don't remember... :eek:) 2GB DDR2 RAM, 500GB hd. DVD burner, etc... great machine.

The two pics of my basement are pretty self explanatory, but if anyone has questions (or would like to buy some of the crap, or have some of the crap GIVEN to them) let me know. ;)

Attachments

• room_normal_desk.JPG
    room_normal_desk.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 491
  • basement1.JPG
    basement1.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 508
  • basement2.JPG
    basement2.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 511
I take it you're a big Dr Pepper drinker. When I was younger, I would have had the same level of "gold" except my Dad, who I shared the workshop with, wouldn't allow it. Now my wife doesn't allow it. ;)
Question: Does "breaker #23" trip often? :D

lol. No, i haven't tripped it yet. I've got a 20amp on that bad boy, :D

Yes, i LOVE Dr Pepper. I won't drink much else. maybe some pepsi if i am really in the mood for pop.

my parent have accepted my "gold", but they don't allow it outside my shed, my room, or the basement (i just noticed i didn't upload a pic of my shed...)

**broken link removed**
i use it mostly for storage.

edit: used thumbnail instead of embedding whole picture... :eek:

Last edited:
Marks256 - I spy some old dead Packard Bell machines - I can spot those dodgy grey trims from a mile away.

yup, definitely a few packard bells in there. I don't think they are dead, though. for all i know they still work fine... i have lost track of all the stuff i have... :(

Krumlink said:
Also, I dont know why the pic is all wavey. I took several and they all turned out like that.

It looks to me like you've got the Macro function of the camera switched on or something.

By the way, what is "Cowbell"?

Brian

I spread work over two benches, one for assembly (ie. soldering) and one for testing (see photos). I also keep an old drafting table nearby for spreading out drawings and stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 496
You have more $$$ in equipment there than some people have invested in their cars! I see you also have a lot of Hp equipment. Drool..... Don't ever post your address. :D

Wow!! that is amazing, mabey one day i'll have a bench like that, do you get the scopes and signal generators new, or do you buy them off ebay and the likes.

Once i get a bit better, im gonna buy a good scope with some 'problems' from ebay, and hopefully repair it. I missed a tektronix? 4 ch storage scope a few weeks back- the problems on the listing didn't seem to hard to fix, it went for £53 :(

kchriste said:
You have more $$$ in equipment there than some people have invested in their cars! I see you also have a lot of Hp equipment. Drool..... Don't ever post your address. :D

I'm not that far from you, so I'd better be very very careful indeed.:D

I have a relative by the name of Vincent who is an absolute master of wheeling and dealing. What he can collect together for just a few dollars would amaze you. When we hear of someone getting something at an unbelievably low price, we say "he got it at the Vincent price."

I mention this because I have found it very difficult, hopeless really, to match him when it comes to acquisition of stuff for almost nothing. In my family I'm the one with the undesireable reputation for paying MSRP on average! But when it comes to my tech equipment I am proud to say that this is one field where I got it all at the Vincent price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back