Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show us your hobby workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Are you an electronics hobbyist? Do you design/build your own projects in your spare time? Do you have your own little workbench?

If so, show us your workbench!

I've converted my garage into a little workshop. It's nothing special, I've left the garage standard (so that it's easily converted back if I move) and just setup a few work surfaces there. I've also put in an isolated mains supply in addition to raw mains.

Take a look.

Attachments

• workbench.jpg
    workbench.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 2,794
I still don't have satifactional place where I can build my stuff, sometimes I work in my Mom's kitchen, sometimes elsewhere Grr. And my room is so small...

I used to have that problem when living at home. I used to dangle a 4-way extension block into the dining room and build some stuff there. I used to hate that. My parent's hated it too, especially the time I dropped my soldering iron and burnt the carpet.

When I looked at this house I've got now (it's my 1st house) the thing I REALLY loved about it was that the garage was built on to the house, so I can walk from my hallway into the garage. What a greak workshop that'd make, I thought, and promptly bought the house hehe

Brian

It's quite a cheap meter, but it does everything I need. If I was going to spend decent money on a meter, I'd get one of those ones that double-up as a portable scope.

My pride and joy is my Tektronix DSO, I use that a lot. I've also got a logic-analyser which is out of shot.

Brian

My multimeter was $45 And along whith the basic functions it can mesure capacitence,feqency and temperature (probe included).

Its prety imresive for $45.I also got that yelow ruber stand whith it.(Its prety useful to have it stand up)

If i had noting beter to do i might do an MSpaint sceth of what it thik it wod look like.But nah i shure have beter stuff to do.

But what wod come out may be funy.

btw:Im not so good whith photoshop and suff like that.

Here is mine:

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1,873
Here's my humble bench, i got one whole side of our 4 car garage dedicated to me :lol:

EDIT: look at my scope, i took the shot just as the beam was starting :lol:

Attachments

• garage_430.jpg
    garage_430.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,045
ThermalRunaway said:
4 car garage? Your garage is probably bigger than the footprint of my entire house!

Brian

yup, i got lucky when my parents bought the house :lol:

My best offering

Well, JimB's set-up has got to take some beating :shock:

I don't have a permanent bench, I set up the gear I need at the time I want it and get made to pack it all away when the room is required for visitors :(
NOTE that my gear is cheap but more than good enough for what I do
(15MHz oscilloscope taking pride of place -- lots of OLD Thandar gear).

Attachments

• da_bench.jpg
    da_bench.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 903
mechie, wow. You have more equipment then some firms and schools have :lol:
I wish I had such things... (Osciloscope, Generator...) I am broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back