Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should i change my Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Hi everyone,

i put my avatar on when i first signed up to ETO just quickly to get the answer to one question so it was the first pic i found, I now love this site and i dont think im going to leave anytime soon (unfortunately for you guys) :D

should i change it now or does it become my ETO identity because i only know guys by there avatars (im not brilliant with names)

Regards

I don't see a problem with it. A bolt or spark plug in its ear would help remind us you are the "mechanical" guy.

John

Some of those here have avatars which never change.

Some change avatars now and again.

Some of us have never had an avatar.

So, do whatever makes you happy.
Some time ago I came across a photo of me at work, taken by a colleague. It later occured to me that it would make a good avator and put a face to the name. (Or at least the face as it was in 1985 !). But since then the photo has gone into that special place where inanimate object hide until you are no longer looking for them.

JimB

My avatar changes frequently.... The liquid is close to my heart ( or belly )....

Jack Daniels; my favorite. But I can't afford it.

I changed my Avatar 3 time since I've been here.

I know people from the Names; I don't identify them by their Avatar because you just don't know when or if they will change it.

A good idea would be your general location; it helps maybe to identify how or where to send someone for parts or companies in their area e.g. UK, US, Middleast Canada, China, SouthAmerica?

kv

I can change my avatar as often as my socks, but I probably should have better things to do.

3 times in 1st day

after the novelty wears off one avatar will get as stale as old Camembert

WHATT!!!

It was only £15 in asda( wallmart ) the other day.....

A different point of view Ian: it is not the price but how many in a week you consume!

The avatar is a graphical thing that helps to remember / identify you. Changing it frequently is a waste of time for me.

Look how infrequently teams in any sport change logos and basic colors.

And there is the secret pleasure for some, who know what their avatar actually means for them.

Last edited:
WHATT!!!

It was only £15 in asda( wallmart ) the other day.....

That bottle looks like a half gallon or 1.75L if thats the case it's around $47 in Utah at least once you include the States Tax on it. Mormons; profit big time from the sale of alcohol. That and fuel.

Edit: Well ok that and taxing industries that come to Utah to pay low wages to a general population capable with the skills needed for those businesses. Wages here are nearly half that anywhere else in the country for the same job.

This is a right to work State if you want the job they have the right to give you one. If you don't well .............. we can hire next guy off the street seeing that there are no laws to protect your job.

Unless you have a better picture of yourself, I would leave it. :rolleyes:

Ahh. I feel so much better since I came out the closet and revealed the real me.

Don't I look absolutely gorgeous with my new updated Avvy?

tvtech is actually a modified Guy who has kept you all guessing since 2010. What a journey.

Anyway, I must go now. This whole winning thing has made me stressed about the sets waiting for repair. Too much other stuff happening.

This girl has to run

Regards,
Miss tvtech (at last!!)

Edit.....I never thought about this....if ever I change my Avvy in the future....and somebody stumbles across this post.....and don't know me....they won't understand anything:wideyed:

Just say I change my Avvy to one of Arnold with muscles and a dress and long hair...

The possibilities are endless :woot:

Mods this is in your hands. Please delete this post if you think it could be a problem in the future. I am leaving it up to you all and your sound judgement :cool:

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Just say I change my Avvy to one of Arnold with muscles....
...if you think it could be a problem in the future....
What are you trying to say?...

" Aaah'l be baak"

JimB

I bet under all that make-up and 'stuff' you really look like
upload_2014-12-22_14-8-10.png

But I do like the avatar.... A lot....:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back