Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seven Seg LED project for Arcade Game (MVS Neo Geo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtslade

I was wondering if anyone had ideas about how to build a double digit 7-Seg LED that can be hooked to a PC.

Reference the link for a complete discription about what I am trying to do.
MVS Credit LED in Mame / Neo Rage ? - Neo-Geo Forums

In short the MVS Neo Geo arcade system uses 2 Double digit Seven Seg LED boards as seen below:
**broken link removed**

(which I have several. see pic) to display the number of quarters a user has entered and left in his game.
**broken link removed**

I'd run it using a micro controller to control the LED module itself and then simply use a serial port connection to the computer to pass the data to the module.

Ok do you know what kind I should get and where from?

Thank you for the reply. I am a beginner but I will learn and can figure things out. Problem is I have to order most things from somewhere that will ship to military APO or figure out what it is called in German and then start asking Germans where to find it.

Where can a programmable micro controller be found to hook up to say a seven seg led like the ones pictured below.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thank you so very much for any help!

Posting ref on Hyperspin Forums: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back