Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting power properties to a three phase voltage source in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thapthim

I am carrying out a simulation in Proteus where I need a three phase voltage source with a predetermined power. I would like yo know if it is posible to set it and if it is how to do it.

Thanks in avance.

No I don't, I haven't needed to make any.

But in this moment I need a three phase one and I don't know if I can set it like a property in a V3Phase primitive device or if I have to make it.

Maybe I explained it wrong sorry.

What is "predetermined power"? :confused:

What I meant with predetermined power is for example setting the generator in a way where it always would give 5000W, even if the load doesn´t require such power.
I need it to make a control with Arduino in which the excess of power is dissipated in a secondary load.

What I meant with predetermined power is for example setting the generator in a way where it always would give 5000W, even if the load doesn´t require such power.
What is the purpose of doing that? :confused:
That's a strange requirement.

I know it's a bit strange, but my objective is to control an isolated hydroelectric power station which generates 5000W, connected to a variable load.
When this load doesn't require such power, (which is known by measuring the voltage, frecuency and current) a secondary load, controlled by a PWM set by the measured parameters, dissipates the excess.

Without setting the power in the source, if I add more load it only increases the required power, but it is not dissipated. I thought that maybe it could be preset the power of the source, but I see that probably is not.

Then you just use a voltage source set to the desired voltage.
You'd have to vary its frequency and voltage as well as the load resistance with time to simulate the varying load conditions.

isolated hydroelectric power station which generates 5000W
Without setting the power in the source,

In the real world, if you try to pull 10,000 watts the turbine stops turning and all stops.
In Proteus there is no source I know of that works like that. (maybe we can make one)
In Proteus there are voltage sources that make voltage and there is no limit to the power.

In LT SPICE people make "photo cells" that are some thing like your generator. In that if you pull too much the voltage drops to zero. Maybe some one can help with that. What happens to voltage/frequency when the power level is too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back