Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servicing Manuals & Diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harshana Umesh

Hi everybody....
I want to download service manual and circuit diagram for televisions and other home applience devices. How can i find them. Normally they are not free, anen't they?
Any one can help?
Thanks......:)

Almost all service manuals are provided free to the manufacturers service agents, generally the people selling them have no right to do so, and they are just ripping people off.

The days of free service manuals, available to practically anyone who asks are long over. They are gone like electronic repair shops on practically every street are gone. The price of producing such manuals makes certain that few are produced, and these few go directly to licensed service providers.True service manuals for everyday consumer electronics are practically impossible to find, as very little is actually meant to be serviced, most are meant to be thrown away, or complete modules simply replaced...with very little troubleshooting, and almost zero repair knowledge.
I remember the good-ol days when Even Radio Shack printed a complete parts list, and schematic for EVERY product that it sold at the back of the operations manual. I still remember the user manual for a 1980s Radio Shack colour Tv it was as thick as a phone book, because almost 90% of it was schematics and parts listings...and each part had its Radio Shack catalogue number.

The days of free service manuals, available to practically anyone who asks are long over. They are gone like electronic repair shops on practically every street are gone. The price of producing such manuals makes certain that few are produced, and these few go directly to licensed service providers.

Sorry, but you're LONG out of date, paper manuals effectively ended years ago, PDF ones (or similar) replaced them, so there's no real cost in distributing them.

Sorry Nigel, I wasnt just speaking of the good-old paper manuals, I was sort of lumping electronic distribution in with them. Pdf manuals are less expensive to produce, but for most items still difficult to find for the averge, run of the mill hobbiest.

Sorry Nigel, I wasnt just speaking of the good-old paper manuals, I was sort of lumping electronic distribution in with them. Pdf manuals are less expensive to produce, but for most items still difficult to find for the averge, run of the mill hobbiest.

Difficult to find, but FAR cheaper for the manufacturer.

Hi rmn

eservice has lot's of diagrams....but they always seem to download in parts of diagrams. And you canno't read a diagram until you have downloaded all the different parts.....can be very confusing for the average person.

I really wish they would fix their site to make it easier for people to use.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back