service manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
ulot said:
hi
can anyone help me with a service manual for a sony car radio XR-C11?

That's not a valid number!.

I 'may' have a PDF manual, but they are protected!.

i double checked that and the model number is XR-C11 for the car radio/tape player

ulot said:
i double checked that and the model number is XR-C11 for the car radio/tape player

It's not listed on Sony Assist, a collection of DVD's containing all Sony technical information - although there are a number of manuals which start with those 5 characters.

Have you checked on the front of the unit?, or actually on the serial number label? - Sony often print a slightly different number on the front.

well it's got what i've said already, then SONY model no. XR-C11
FM/AM CASSETTE CAR STEREO
the rest are in japannese

want i really want to know is if there is a way to power it without the car power

ulot said:
want i really want to know is if there is a way to power it without the car power

You can power it off any suitable 12V supply, but is that really what you wanted to know?.

well yes though i would have loved to see the service manual
it has about 6 pins for power and i need to know the volt of each or are they all a series of 12v and GND?

ulot said:
well yes though i would have loved to see the service manual
it has about 6 pins for power and i need to know the volt of each or are they all a series of 12v and GND?

I thought that most radios now used a standard multiway plug?, although I've had very little to do with car radios recently. There's usually two power connections, one a permanent 12V, the other switched by the car ignition.

I'll try and check on the manuals I have at work tomorrow.

The ones listed on Assist are XR-C110, XR-C111 and XR-C113, they all seem to have 12 pin connections.

Eight are for the speaker connections, the other four are:

Ground
Permanent 12V
Switched 12V (from auxiliary on igntition switch)
12V out (to switch power amp, or electric aerial - max 300mA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…