Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatin

Hi guys/gals :)

Please send me details about 12bit serial ADC for interfacing with 8051.
It should be cheap cause it is for hobby kit so you know it.

Waiting n Thanx.

Yatin

Burr Brown (TI) is a major manufacturer of ADC’s DAC’s. Check them out.
**broken link removed**

One of the easiest IC’s for experimentation is the old Tried N’ True ADC0804. And, it’s cheap! :D

(PS** Time to ditch the old 8051 and start PIC’n / ADC’s built in :wink: )

Attachments

• adcckt.jpg
    adcckt.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,221
Thanx

Hi there,

It's nice to have the part no.
I have 0808 but it's 8 channel parallel.
I know 8051's becoming obsolete but it is still serving my purpose.
The day when i'll see that i need more, i'll switch to newer familiy ver of the same. I am looking for ds32008 series. R U aware ot the same? If Y PLS tell me more bout that.

Thanx anyway..

Keep Up The Good Work

Yatin

cheap A/D

The ADC0804 is a nice part, but has a parallel interface. One thing you didn't mention was the speed you wanted to run the A/D conversions at.
If your application can make do with fairly slow conversions, here are two inexpensive designs from EDN that make use of a micro's hardware timer to help make the conversions.

https://www.e-insite.net/ednmag/contents/images/122001di.pdf

https://www.e-insite.net/ednmag/archives/1994/060994/12di9.htm

The first is a single-slope design, the second uses a dual-slope approach and provides good accuracy for such a simple circuit. Both circuits burden the micro with more work than a self-contained ADC, but keep your costs down.

If you want a complete single-chip 12-bit ADC, you might try Microchip's MPC3221, a very low power A/D with an I2C interface. It's available from Digi-Key for ~ $2.

- CAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back