Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 bit ADC NON-QFN package

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan169

Hello,

Im in search of an AD Converter that is not a QFN type package. Reason being that I do not have the proper tools to mount such packages on these boards.

other specs that need to be met are:
-serial
-LVDS outputs
- >=50MSPS
-16 bit

Ive found a couple from Linear Technology and some from National semiconductor but they are all in unmanageable packages. Here are the part numbers for what I have found:
-LTC2273
-LTC2272
-ADC16v130

Any Ideas?

Thanks for any help!

You aren't going to find one in a DIP package if that's what you're asking for. What do you need to do that requires 16 bits?

50Msps serial from LTC2273 is a gigabit data rate....rise times of 50ps. A DIP package lead frame would be too big, data would get scrambled.

With rise times of 50ps, your traces must be impedance matched, because unmatched transmission lines greater than about 4mm will give you unacceptable signal quality.

He never said he was looking for a DIP package. I was an apps engineer at a company and lots of our commercial customers had difficulty with attaching QFN's by hand in the prototype stage. Totally reasonable for the OP to be looking for something in a TQFP or TSSOP package IMO.

That said, I've no idea of a part to suggest. But QFN's are a pain to mount if you don't have a hot air station and/or a board warmer.

Last edited:
He never said he was looking for a DIP package. I was an apps engineer at a company and lots of our commercial customers had difficulty with attaching QFN's by hand in the prototype stage. Totally reasonable for the OP to be looking for something in a TQFP or TSSOP package IMO.

That said, I've no idea of a part to suggest. But QFN's are a pain to mount if you don't have a hot air station and/or a board warmer.

Exactly!

I'm certainly not expecting to find a DIP package. This device is in prototype stage and it would just be easier and more convenient for another option. Such as TQFP TSSOP etc..

I am using this for Data acquisition

Thanks for any input/help

I haven't found any that meet your specs yet, sorry. But if you are near Houston TX or Austin TX USA I could put you in touch with some technicians that could mount the QFN chips for you.

Thanks for clarifying. If you're in Southern California, I have a hot air station.

Or, you can invest in one - they are under $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back