Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

self or mutual induction question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://i28.tinypic.com/ng7ny9.jpg
i was told that the two selonoid are mixed with one another.
regarding A:
why they use only one flux

why arent they summing both flux?

regarding C:
why are we find the L of selonoid B
and then do e=-L5

why we use mutual induction here
what is wrong with this way?

Last edited:
i was told that the two selonoid are mixed with one another.
regarding A:
why they use only one flux

why arent they summing both flux?

Mutual inductance results from the flux through a coil produced by the field from a second coil.

Self inductance results from the flux through a coil produced by the field from the same coil.

The problem states the fluxes produced by the field from coil A in coil A and in coil B respectively.

The flux through coil A gives rise to the self inductance of A and the flux through coil B gives rise to the mutual inductance.

regarding C
why are we using the mutual induction
why arent we using the self inductance of coil B
??

Because it asks for the emf in coil B caused by the change in current in coil A (the other coil).

Self inductance relates the emf in a coil caused by a change in current in the same coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back