Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Security camera video multiplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I´m looking for a security camera video "multiplexer" which is using 2 RCA or coax input and has 1 RCA or coax output. What I want is to have the output to the screen divided in two to see both camera inputs at same time. At Internet I always find a switcher or a too big system for what I need, I think I´m not using the proper keywords.

What is the television standard in Mallorca (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, etc.)?

The boat is american shipyard and the monitor is a Furuno multifunction Display with external video input so I suppose it accept any PAL or NTSC video signal.

To put the images from two cameras on one full screen, you'll either have to stretch the two images. If you want to maintain the same aspect ratio, you'll only use only half of the monitor screen. (1)

So, even if there are only two cameras, using a quad camera system would still be a good choice. And you're ready to add more cameras in the future.

Note (1): You could rotate the monitor and use more of it's screen. The way to do that would be running a PC with two video capture cards, and using software to rotate and scale the two inputs.

Thanks everybody, I found some options here in Spain about Quad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back