Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

security alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

9volt

I would like to build a device that would shoot a laser on an object (within 1-2 feet) and when that object is moved, it would send an RF signal to a nearby reciever. Can this be done? Thank you

9volt said:
I would like to build a device that would shoot a laser on an object (within 1-2 feet) and when that object is moved, it would send an RF signal to a nearby reciever. Can this be done? Thank you

In a nutshell.. hmm.. yes, it can be done.

Laser diode module>>>> reflector>>>>>Phototransistor detector
RF transmitter and reciever circuits are common enough as well,
for a quick build I would use ready made RF modules.

The Mad Professor said:
In a nutshell.. hmm.. yes, it can be done.

Laser diode module>>>> reflector>>>>>Phototransistor detector
RF transmitter and reciever circuits are common enough as well,
for a quick build I would use ready made RF modules.

The reflector, it would have to be mounted to the object you dont want moved? if so, can it be done without?

The Mad Professor said:
Depends on the object, just what exactly do you have in mind ?

I was thinking of a car or motorcycle. and if it was setup in the house aimed at the front door. I know there would be a problem with someone or thing breaking beam, and that I can get a regular old alarm system, but this would be a fun project to play with. Thank you.

In the abscence of a good reflection from the target, detection can be
improved by increasing the available reflected light reaching the photo-
transistor by the use of optics. One half of childs plastic toy binoculars
for instance would provide some magnification of the spot being illuminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back