Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

scrolling text in 7x5 dot matrix led display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seekee

hey, im currently working on a project with 7x5 using PIC microcontroller. I need to scrolling texts in 7 cascaded 7x5 dot matrix displays. Does anyone have any sample codes or algorithm for it? I already did something which displays 5 characters in 3-7x5 but it just wouldn't work if the 7x5 is already 7. What my program is doing to to just turn on one of the 35 columns at a time and send the coresponding bits on the rows. If you want to see my code and see what's wrong, I'll be very glad to show it. Thanks!

U can modify the circuit with a serial-in parallel-out shift registers (74LS164) to drive the cathode lines. and u ase the same data lines common to all the displays. U can connect 74LS164 in cascaded to get any number of output you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back